IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Please Read
We’ve implemented measure s following government guidance to protect our staff and patients, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We’ll inform you of these changes over the telephone when booking. You will also complete pre-visit questions to ensure that you have no COVID symptoms and we can treat you safely. Your medical history will be rechecked.
We’ve added social distancing measures throughout the practice, such as setting the waiting area seating 2 metres apart, installing screens at reception and equipping our staff with the most appropriate PPE for their role.
Until further notice we are not booking routine appointments but we are available every day for information.
Prior to your booked emergency appointment
- You will receive a call from the practice
- You will be asked if you or anyone in your household have/had any COVID-19 symptoms, if yes, we will refer you to an urgent care centre
- You will be asked to minimise your personal belongings, coat, bag etc. Please bring your own pen. You will be requested to bring along protective facewear if available to minimise the risk to staff
- You will be asked to come alone and not to arrive early but on time for your appointment
- We would ask you refrain from using the WC if possible
- Payment may be taken over the phone for your appointment
- You will be asked questions relating to the COVID-19 Disease
- You may be asked to complete a new medical history form
What to expect when you arrive for your appointment
- You will be asked to wait outside until you are greeted by a member of staff
- You will then be asked to sanitise your hands for 20 seconds
- Holding your hands together you will be taken through to the allocated surgery by a member of staff
- You will be assessed and treated by the dentist and assistant on duty that day.
- You will be asked to re-sanitise your hands when you leave the surgery
We are working towards resuming appointments as soon as possible, Until we can ensure a safe environment for patients and the dental team.
Please do not turn up at the practice as our door will remain locked. We are available each day for telephone consultation-please call as early as possible to enable staff to arrange a telephone consultation with the on call dentist.
Thank you for your support and patience during these difficult times .
Adrian and The Team
Emergency Appointments can be made during our normal working hours. Appointments can be made by calling our reception team on 01376 321061
If you are seeking urgent dental assistance outside of our normal working hours, please call NHS Direct on 111.
Calls to NHS Direct on 111 are free from both landlines and mobile phones
We have facilities which enable our patients with physical disabilities to gain access to our premises and be treated by our healthcare professionals.
For more information about our facilities please call us on 01376 321061
Welcome to Braintree Dental Centre, your first stop for all your dental needs.
We provide both Private and NHS surgeries for our patients and we have friendly and approachable staff all year round.
For any of our patients who are attending our surgery for any appointments, please ensure that you bring along any documents proving that you are entitiled to Free NHS treatment for our patients currently on medication, please bring along a list of all your current medication.
Please find below our normal working hours
Please note, the times below do not take into account bank/national holidays. We will endeavour to inform our customers about changes to our opening hours around these times so please check back regularly for further information regarding these changes.